The Fort Lauderdale Alumni began to form in 1953 at the dental office of Brother James L. Dallas. Prior to the meeting, five of the ten brothers needed to charter the chapter were members of the Miami Alumni. They were brothers: Samuel Sworn; James L. Dallas; Dr. Calvin Shirley; George Davis; Dr. Leonard Bass. The five additional brothers were Cornelius Rolle, William H. Johnson, Betram Sears, Henry Lamor, Luscious Sanctious. Brothers Beauregard Cummings and Frank Scruggs joined the group when the group was officially chartered, bringing the amount of founders' to twelve.